Gove Effinger - Personal Notes
When I'm not in the office, I
- Love to spend time with my family - my spouse (and colleague) Alice
Dean and our 28 (!) year old twins Laura and Sean (though way less time
with the kids since they are in Chicago (Sean) and Minnesota (Laura)). Click
here for a family photo.
- Enjoy doing lots of sports (golf, cross-country skiing, cycling, hiking,
tennis), listening to various kinds of music, going to the movies, drinking
good beer, and cheering for the Red Sox (yea!!).
- Love to run - easy, a little harder, short, long, you name it.
- Philadelphia Marathon, Nov 24, 2002, 3:44:09 (qualified for Boston
with 51 seconds to spare!)
- So far, 23 marathons started and 17 finished
- Best marathon lifetime: 2:46:30 Ottawa, May 1979 - 28 years ago
and an hour faster, yikes!
- Finally have given up worrying about the lawn and moved to a townhouse where
someone else can worry about it!