Schedule time on the Campus!
International Applicant Checklist
To be considered for admission, please submit the following:
For questions about
applying to Skidmore
as an international student,
- $65 application fee (check or credit card accepted). No application can be processed until the fee is received or a request for a waiver has been signed by the student’s secondary school guidance counselor and submitted.
- The application. Students must apply directly through the Common Application website.
- Secondary School Report (see Common Application) filled out by secondary school guidance counselor or school administrator (includes official high school transcript).
- Two academic Teacher Evaluation Reports (see Common Application).
- Midyear Report filled out by secondary school guidance counselor or school administrator
or school administratoror school administrator(see Common Application).
- Standardized testing scores (from the SAT Reasoning Test or the ACT with Writing Examination) sent directly to Admissions from the appropriate testing service (Skidmore's CEEB code is 2815; our ACT code is 2906).
- If applying for financial aid, follow the instructions on Skidmore’s Financial Aid website.
- CSS Profile, available on Skidmore’s Financial Aid website.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores for those for whom English is not their first language.
- English fluency is required of all students as Skidmore’s liberal arts curriculum is based heavily on written and oral communication. All students must have the ability to communicate inside and outside the classroom. If English is not your first language and if you have not been in an English speaking school for at least two years, then we require that you submit a TOEFL or IELTs score.
- Secondary school and university-level transcripts and recommendations. Those not in English should be accompanied by an English translation. Transcripts should include explanation of grading scale/system.
If submitting an art portfolio (not required)
Prospective studio art majors are not required to submit a portfolio. If you are submitting an art portfolio, please submit electronically via slideroom.com, in partnership with the Common Application.
Keep in mind: Due to the number of portfolio submissions, applicants should adhere to the following guidelines to ensure that their portfolios are reviewed:
- At least four works must be drawings from direct observation.
- Artworks should demonstrate a command of elements of visual language, including composition, line, form and color.
- Portfolios should reflect the abilities and experience of the applicants.