The mission of Facilities Services is to maximize student achievement through purposeful and efficient facility management practices, while striving for excellence in the services we provide. We are committed to achieving excellent customer service while embracing the increasing demands of a rapidly changing environment. Our goal is to be a steward of the campus as we provide services in a proactive, responsive, cost-effective and environmentally sustainable manner. Our department includes Mechanical Trades, Building Trades, General Maintenance, Grounds Services, Event Set-ups, Custodial Services, Painting Services, and Pest Control.
Facilities will be repaving several areas around campus including the main entrance to the college. In order to complete the paving of the main entrance we will need to utilize the service entrance for accessing and exiting the campus from North Broadway. All other areas to be paved will remain open, but may be reduced to one lane. Facilities will have signage and staff available to assist in redirecting traffic while this work is being completed. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Facilities Department at ext. 5860.
- On Tuesday, August 2nd the sidewalk from the Main Entrance up the Boulevard to the Campus Map will be closed for blacktopping.
- On Wednesday, August 3rd the roadways from the Main Entrance up the Boulevard to the Campus Map will be closed for blacktopping. Traffic will be redirected to the Service Entrance.
- The sidewalk and the roadways will reopen on Thursday, August 4th.
- On Thursday, August 4th the perimeter road from the Tang to the Sports Center will be blacktopped. This portion of the perimeter road will not be closed, there will be one-way traffic only during this time. Foot traffic will be redirected.
Additional paving will be done next week in localized areas campus wide.
CIS Geothermal Drilling Project
Continuing work on this project:
- 2 drilling rigs will continue to install bores
- Circuit 10 lateral piping will be completed and tested
- Bedbase and backfill for lateral 9 trench will be done
- Grout for circuits 8 and 7 will be done
- Backfill for southern edge of new parking areas will continue
- Installation of electrical conduits for parking lot lighting will begin
- Installation of new asphalt for southern-most parking lot will begin
For more information and pictures of the progress please see Paul Lundberg’s project blog.