Participants on London FYE program are charged a program fee comparable to studying on Skidmore's campus for a semester or year. This fee is equal to Skidmore's tuition, room at the campus apartment rate, board, a mandatory records fee and the Skidmore general deposit. All first-year students, regardless of whether they study in London or in Saratoga Springs, are charged the mandatory records fee that covers the cost of transcript requests for the life of the student. For additional expenses not included in the program fee, please see the section "additional expenses not included in the program fee" below.
The program fee includes:
- Tuition for a full semester of study, including the Scribner Seminar taught by a Skidmore faculty member.
- Shared double room in the Nido King's Cross residence hall with private bath; access to a fully equipped shared kitchen; in-room access to internet service.
- Living stipend of approximately £450 a month to cover most meals and a local transportation pass (Students should budget some personal funds to cover eating out, taking taxis, and other incidentals).
- Emergency international health insurance through ACE American Insurance Company
- Guaranteed credit to the Skidmore degree plan (provided students successfully complete their courses)
- Pre-departure orientation materials and guidance provided by Skidmore's Office of Off-Campus Study & Exchanges
- On-site orientation in London by Skidmore faculty directors and IES staff
- Superior on-site support, including two Skidmore faculty directors, Skidmore Program Assistant, and IES student services staff
- Full access to IES facilities including a small library, study space, and wireless internet at the IES Center
- Access to Senate House Library at the University of London
- Cultural and social programming provided by Skidmore College faculty directors and IES, including weekly informational and social gatherings with faculty directors or program assistant; theater and concert events; visits in and around London to museums, galleries, and historic sites; and day-trips to local sites of historical and cultural interest
- Academic advising in London and pre-registration for Skidmore classes for spring semester
The program fee does NOT include:
- Round trip group flight departing from New York City.
- School supplies and textbooks or any special course fees
- Personal expenses (approximately $2,000 -$3,000 for the semester)
- Additional travel expenses outside London
Note: All students are required to submit a nonrefundable enrollment deposit of $500 upon acceptance to Skidmore. $150 is credited toward the cost of the London FYE program fees and will appear as a credit on the student's account for the fall semester. The remaining $350 is credited to the student's general deposit ($200) and records fee ($150) required of all students regardless of whether they study in London or in Saratoga Springs. Refund of the general deposit will be made to students after they graduate, provided they do not owe a debt to the College. The records fee covers the cost of transcript requests for the life of the student.
For further information, please contact Off-Campus Study & Exchanges, email@example.com or 518-580-5355.