Participants on London FYE program are charged a program fee comparable to studying on Skidmore's campus for a semester or year. This fee is equal to tuition, room at the Scribner apartment rate, and full board. All first-year students, regardless of whether they study in London or in Saratoga Springs, are also charged a $150 records fee that covers the cost of transcript requests for the life of the student. See the section "additional expenses not included in the program fee" below.
The program fee includes:
- Tuition for a full semester of study, including the Scribner Seminar team-taught by Skidmore faculty
- Shared double room in the Nido King's Cross residence hall with private, shared bath; fully equipped kitchen on each floor; broadband internet access and wireless internet access in many of the communal parts of the building; and security staff on duty at the front desk 24/7
- Living stipend covering most meals and Zone 1-2 tube passes (Students should budget some personal funds to cover eating out, taking taxis, and other incidentals.)
- Basic international health insurance through ACE American Insurance Company
- Guaranteed credit to the Skidmore degree plan (provided students successfully complete their courses)
- Pre-departure orientation materials and guidance provided by Skidmore's Office of Off-Campus Study & Exchanges
- On-site orientation in London by Skidmore faculty directors and IES staff
- Superior on-site support, including two Skidmore faculty directors, Skidmore Program Assistant, and IES student services staff
- Full access to IES facilities including a small library and wireless internet access at the IES Center
- Access to Senate House Library at the University of London
- Cultural and social programming provided by Skidmore College faculty directors and IES, including weekly informational and social gatherings with faculty directors or program assistant; theater and concert events; visits in and around London to museums, galleries, and historic sites; and day-trips to local sites of historical and cultural interest
- Academic advising in London and pre-registration for Skidmore classes for spring semester
The program fee does NOT include:
- Round trip group flight departing from New York City or transportation to or from the group flight
- School supplies and textbooks or any special course fees
- Personal expenses and additional travel expenses (approximately $2,000 -$3,000 for the semester)
Note: All students are required to submit a nonrefundable enrollment deposit of $500 upon acceptance to Skidmore. $300 is credited toward the cost of the London FYE program fees and will appear as a credit on the student's account for the fall semester. The remaining $200 is credited to the student's general deposit required of all students regardless of whether they study in London or in Saratoga Springs. Refund of the general deposit will be made to students after they graduate, provided they do not owe a debt to the College.
For further information, please contact Off-Campus Study & Exchanges, firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-580-5355.