This committee reviews curricular matters, especially individual course proposals and major and minor requirements, including the implementation of policies concerning all-college requirements. The committee may also consider curriculum questions brought before it by the faculty, students, and administration, and general recommendations concerning immediate and long-range curricular matters. Questions and requests should be forwarded to the chair.
All proposals must be submitted to the Associate Dean of the Faculty, who will then forward a copy of the proposal to the Chair of the College Curriculum Committee.
Deadlines are September 15 for the spring term and December 15 for the fall term. The one exception is with the FYE course proposals, the deadline for which is January 25 to the FYE Director and February 1 to the Curriculum Committee.
Curriculum Committee 2012-2013:
- Tammy Blair, Registrar’s Office rep (non-voting)
- Caroline D’Abate, Management & Business
- David DeConno, Registrar (non-voting)
- Michael Eckmann, Mathematics & Computer Science
- Corey Freeman-Gallant, Associate Dean of the Faculty for Academic Policy and Advising (non-voting)
- Linda Hofmann, Librarian
- Sylvia McDevitt, Biology, Chair
- Patricia Rubio, Associate Dean of the Faculty for Personnel, Development, and Diversity
- Shirley Smith, Foreign Languages & Literatures
- Kenji Tierney, Anthropology
- Britt Dorfman, ’14, student rep