Nursing Course Requirements—NYU Articulation Agreement requirements
Always check for specific course requirements for each school you are going to apply to—this is only a guide.
|Class||Semesters||Skidmore Course (s)||Notes|
|100-level Chemistry||one semester with lab*||CH 125||*must take placement test|
|Microbiology||one semester with lab||
BI 165 or BI 246
|Anatomy and physiology||two semesters with lab||
|*must take calculus I and II to take physics at Skidmore|
|Child development psychology||one semester||PS 207|
|Adult development psychology||one semester||PS 302, SW 235 or PS 206|
|Statistics||one semester||MS 104|
|Nutrition||one semester||EX 242|
New York University College of Nursing currently has an articulation agreement with Skidmore College. This articulation agreement enables Skidmore College students to complete requirements of the baccalaureate program at Skidmore College and enroll in the 15-Month Accelerated BS Program offered by New York University College of Nursing post-graduation. To be eligible, students must meet the following criteria:
- The minimum eligibility requirements are a 3.0 GPA in both the cumulative GPA and prerequisite GPA from Skidmore College.
- In order for a student to be eligible for the Program, the student must have successfully
completed the following courses at Skidmore College:
- EX 126 Anatomy & Physiology I, 4 credits
- EX 127 Anatomy & Physiology II, 4 credits
- BI 165 Microbes & Society, 4 credits, or BI 246 Microbiology: Diversity, Disease & the Environment, 4 credits
- CH 125 Chemical Principles, 4 credits
- MS 104 Introduction to Statistics, 4 credits
- PS 207 Introduction to Child Development, 4 credits
- PS 302 Adult Development, 4 credits, SW 253 Human Behavior and the Social Environment, 4 credits or PS 206 Developmental Psychology, 4 credits
- EX 242 Principles of Nutrition for Health and Performance, 4 credits
- No final grade of C-, D, or F in any course required (as noted above) will be accepted.
- Two letters of recommendation for admission from Skidmore College, with at least one letter from a Skidmore science professor.
- Satisfaction of requirements for admission as identified by the NYU Office of Undergraduate Admission, including submission of an online application (www.admissions.nyu.edu/apply.now) or other requirements that would otherwise apply to students for transfer admission to New York University.
For detailed information regarding articulation agreement between New York University
College of Nursing and Skidmore College, please call New York University College of
Nursing Office of Student Affairs and Admission at 212-998-5317.
If you are pursuing nursing programs outside of the articulation agreement, please research your programs of interest, as their requirements may vary.
If you are pursuing programs outside of the articulation agreement, you should consider completing the General Records Exam (GRE). This exam is a computer adaptive test that is offered hundreds of time per year in a variety of locations. There is a fee-reduction program that discounts the exam by 50% for those who qualify. Please note: You must apply for fee assistance well in advance of taking the GRE, at least 30 days.