Nursing Course Requirements—NYU Articulation Agreement requirements
Always check for specific course requirements for each school you are going to apply to—this is only a guide.
|Class||Semesters||Skidmore Course (s)||Notes|
|General Chemistry||one semester with lab*||CH 125 or 126||*Must take General Chemistry Placement Diagnostic.|
|Microbiology||one semester with lab||
BI 165 or BI 246
|Anatomy and physiology||two semesters with lab||
|Although HP 126 is offered in the fall and HP 127 is offered in the spring, you do not need to take the courses in that order.|
|Developmental psychology||one or two semesters||PS 206 or both PS 207 and PS 209, or SW 253||PS 206 and SW 253 cover lifespan development - take one or the other; for more in-depth classes, you can take PS 207 (child dev.) and PS 209 (adult dev.), although those two courses are offered less frequently.|
|Statistics||one semester||MS 104, BI 235, or SO 226||Check with the programs to which you are applying to see if they require/prefer a particular statistics course.|
|Nutrition||one semester||HP 242|
New York University College of Nursing currently has an articulation agreement with Skidmore College. This articulation agreement enables Skidmore College students to complete requirements of the baccalaureate program at Skidmore College and enroll in the 15-Month Accelerated BS Program offered by New York University College of Nursing post-graduation. To be eligible, students must meet the following criteria:
- The minimum eligibility requirements are a 3.0 GPA in both the cumulative GPA and prerequisite GPA from Skidmore College.
- In order for a student to be eligible for the Program, the student must have successfully
completed the following courses at Skidmore College:
- HP 126 Anatomy & Physiology I, 4 credits
- HP 127 Anatomy & Physiology II, 4 credits
- BI 165 Microbes & Society, 4 credits, or BI 246 Microbiology: Diversity, Disease & the Environment, 4 credits
- CH 125 Chemical Principles, 4 credits, or CH 126 Chemical Principles, 4 credits
- BI 235 - Biostatistics, 4 credits or MS 104 Introduction to Statistics, 4 credits or SO 226 - Statistics for the Social Sciences, 4 credits
- PS 206 Developmental Psychology, 4 credits, or SW 253 Human Behavior and the Social Environment, 4 credits, or both PS 207 Introduction to Child Development, 4 credits, and PS 209 Adult Development, 4 credits
- HP 242 Principles of Nutrition for Health and Performance, 4 credits
- No final grade of C-, D, or F in any course required (as noted above) will be accepted.
- Two letters of recommendation for admission from Skidmore College, with at least one letter from a Skidmore science professor.
- Satisfaction of requirements for admission as identified by the NYU Office of Undergraduate Admission, including submission of an online application (www.admissions.nyu.edu/apply.now) or other requirements that would otherwise apply to students for transfer admission to New York University.
For detailed information regarding articulation agreement between New York University
College of Nursing and Skidmore College, please call New York University College of
Nursing Office of Student Affairs and Admission at 212-998-5317.
If you are pursuing nursing programs outside of the articulation agreement, please research your programs of interest, as their requirements may vary.
If you are pursuing programs outside of the articulation agreement, you should consider completing the General Records Exam (GRE). This exam is a computer adaptive test that is offered hundreds of time per year in a variety of locations. There is a fee-reduction program that discounts the exam by 50% for those who qualify. Please note: You must apply for fee assistance well in advance of taking the GRE, at least 30 days.