All mail and packages are held at Skidmore during Thanksgiving, Christmas, winter and spring breaks. Letters and packages arriving via common carrier will be held until your return.
Mail received over the summer break is handled in the following manner:
- All First Class mail will be forwarded to the address on record.
- Standard mail is not eligible for forwarding and is discarded.
- Packages arriving via the US Postal Service will be forwarded to the address on record. UPS, FedEx, and DHL packages are returned to the carrier as they cannot be forwarded.
- All periodicals (newspapers, magazines, and similar publications) will be discarded, as they cannot be forwarded.
- Be sure to contact the publisher 4–6 weeks before the end of the semester to permit uninterrupted service.
If you are leaving Skidmore College permanently and are not returning to the address presently on file, please complete a change of address form at the Skidmore Post Office.
We will not forward mail to another address without a written change of address form. We cannot forward mail from the U.S. to a foreign address.