Our painting area is grounded in the tradition of oil painting while providing a context for exploring a range of media and contemporary practices. Courses build strong technical skills while encouraging students to cultivate individual expression. Students study the dynamics of visual organization and color interaction as they investigate the physical and expressive properties of paint.
Our Painting Studios are:
- large and well lit – skylights provide natural light.
- organized flexible spaces.
- well-equipped and provide dedicated individual workspaces for intermediate and advanced level students.
- Color (AR 134)
- Painting I (AR 201)
- Painting II (AR 311)
- Painting II: Figure (AR 225)
- Painting III (AR 332)
- Special Topics in Studio Art: Painting (AR 264F, 351F