Grading Criteria - Senior Thesis Exhibition
The following criteria shall be considered when grades (S/U) are assigned for your exhibition.
- Each senior major is responsible for selecting work as well as planning and installing an exhibition within the assigned space.
- Installation including all work and labels must be completed within the announced timeframe.
- Chosen work should demonstrate each senior major’s highest level of achievement in Studio Art at Skidmore.
- Work should be exhibited in a manner appropriate to medium, and the presentation should demonstrate the student’s understanding of basic standards for exhibition.
- The presentation of selected work will provide evidence of a student’s cohesive vision in one discipline or may demonstrate achievement in multiple areas/directions. Please keep in mind the cohesiveness of your entire exhibition.
- Artwork must demonstrate quality through:
- Thoughtful presentation
- Conceptual imagination
- Aesthetic sensibility
- Skill in visual organization
- Skill in the use of one or more media
- All work should be commensurate with studio practice at the advanced (300-) level.