A Typical Day in Pre-College
In Skidmore’s Pre-College Program, each day is really what you make of it. Events, activities, and resources abound. Each student’s schedule will vary according to the courses taken, but here’s a sketch of what a day in your life here at Skidmore might look like.
- Wake up in your Kimball Hall suite, your Skidmore summer home. Get ready for the day.
- Eat breakfast with your new friends at the Murray-Aikins Dining Hall, an all-you-can-eat dining facility with a wide range of choices, including vegetarian and vegan offerings.
- You’ll most likely have one class in the morning (Tisch Learning Center perhaps) and another in the afternoon (maybe Palamountain Hall), although timing will vary according to the courses you select.
- Need a break? The Burgess Café in the student center is open throughout the day for coffee and snacks and easy access to computers. There’s also a convenient snack bar at the dining hall.
- Then it’s back to the D-hall, which Skidmore students rave about, for lunch with friends and classmates, maybe even a little downtime.
- Should you have a bit of free time before your afternoon class, you might get a jump on homework at Scribner Library or under a tree on sunny Case Green.
- When classes are finished for the day, unwind by working out at the Williamson Sports Center, play tennis, relax by Haupt Pond, or visit a cool exhibit at the College’s unique Tang Museum.
- Dinner is served!
- Enjoy playing or watching an after-dinner pickup game of volleyball or Frisbee, or take advantage of the many exciting on-campus concerts, lectures, films, and readings.
- Homework time! Expect to spend several hours each night completing homework assignments (this is college, after all!).
- Sleep well—tomorrow will be another busy day!