An Incomplete grade may be given to a student who has diligently completed a substantial
amount of the course work but who, because of serious and unforeseen academic, medical,
personal difficulties, has been unable to complete the work for a course. In such cases, a grade of incomplete may be submitted by the instructor if both the instructor and the student agree that exceptional circumstances warrant an extension of time beyond the normal deadlines of the term.
- An incomplete grade makes a student ineligible for term honors if the incomplete drops
the number of completed semester hours below 14.
- The student is responsible for making arrangements for completion of the course. The
extension period is six weeks from the end of the semester.
- At the end of the incomplete period the instructor may submit a grade based on work
- In extreme circumstances a further extension may be granted for a short period of
time if the request is submitted in writing by the instructor and approved by the
Committee on Academic Standing. If no grade is submitted or no further extensions
are filed the Incomplete becomes a permanent grade of "IF" (Incomplete Failing) and
figures in the GPA as "F".
- When a final grade or "IF" grade is assigned an updated copy of the grade report will be sent to the student.