Phone: (518) 580-5320
Office: Zankel Music Center 120
- M.A. Composition and Ethnomusicology, University of Maryland 1994
- B.M. Music Education, Crane School of Music, SUNY Potsdam 1990
- Conductor, Skidmore College Concert Band, Festival Band 2016-present
- Department Head, Saratoga Springs HS Music Department, 2012-present
- Jazz Ensemble Director, Saratoga Springs High School. 2014-present
- Symphonic Band Director, Saratoga Springs City School District. 2009-present
- Conductor, American Music Abroad 2015-present
Milton Lee completed his fifth tour with American Music Abroad where he served as
conductor for the AMA Symphonic Band. Over the past five years they gave over 40 performances
in France, Germany, Austria, Italy, Croatia, Czech-Republic, and Slovenia. He recently
served as conductor for the Eastern U.S Music Camp at Colgate University and has conducted
numerous All-County festivals in the Up-State New York area. He is currently completing
his twenty seventh year of teaching.
He earned his bachelor’s degree from the Crane School of Music where he studied conducting with Brock McElheran, and served as assistant conductor under Dr. Rebecca Covel. He also studied composition with Elliot DelBorgo and Stewart Saunders Smith.
He has been an active freelance trumpet player since 1988 and has performed with Glens Falls Symphony, and the Capital Region Wind Ensemble. He also performed and arranged for Hamilton St and the Joey Thomas Big Band and currently plays with the North Country Jazz Project.