Updates to Alert Level 2 status
Dear Skidmore Community,
I’m happy to report that due to declining case numbers on campus, in large part thanks to our community’s continued diligence and caution, the College remains at an Alert Level 2. In addition, effective today, the Level 3 restrictions regarding visitors in student housing that have been in place are removed. This means that:
- On-campus students may now visit others on campus (one person per room or apartment).
- Off-campus students may now visit other off-campus students (one person per apartment or house).
- All students must be masked and socially distanced at all times and cleared in CoVerified. Whenever possible, please wear double masks as the CDC recently recommended, particularly indoors.
- Students living off campus may not visit student residences on campus.
- Students in campus housing may not visit off-campus residences.
I hope this comes as welcome news. As a reminder, small-group gatherings of no more than 10 individuals are permitted under Alert Level 2 when individuals are masked and socially distanced at all times. A list of socially distanced, marked outdoor spaces where students can gather outdoors can be found here.
I also want to take a moment to wish all of our students a restful day off tomorrow. Please enjoy your well-deserved break day, but of course continue to be responsible and careful, so we can maintain our promising progress and continue to enjoy the spring semester together.