Statements, Messages and Speeches from President Marc C. Conner
- Safe, unbiased, and confidential reproductive and sexual healthcare services remain available to our students
- A number of our non-tenure track faculty colleagues raised some timely and important questions about their role at the College. I thank them for doing so.
- Support services are available for the Skidmore community, and commemorations are being held locally.
- Reflecting on the many lessons of the pandemic, President Marc Conner expresses excitement as the entire Skidmore community is “returning together” for a fully in-person 2021-22 academic year.
- The presidents of the New York Six Liberal Arts Consortium member institutions have sent a joint letter to the United States Congress members representing their districts, asking them to support doubling the Pell Grant for qualified students.
- Skidmore College will be requiring that all students be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before arriving on campus for the fall.
- Skidmore remains committed to racial justice and fostering a community of trust.
- The President’s Awards for Leadership and Service are presented each year to members of the Skidmore staff, faculty, and student body who have embraced the educational mission and cooperative spirit of the College through their exemplary commitment to personal excellence, campus pride, and community service.
- The presidents of the New York Six Liberal Arts Consortium member institutions have issued a statement following the verdict in the Derek Chauvin trial in Minnesota.