Ulysses S. Grant Cottage State Historic SiteInternship
Interns at the Grant Cottage will work closely with the Site Interpreter and Executive Director on projects in the areas of document and image archiving, providing tours of the Cottage, assisting with groups visits and special event facilitation, as well as online social networking. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in areas of historic site interpretation and operations.
- Archive documents, photos, and other materials related to the Cottage, the life of Ulysses S. Grant and his family, and the history of Mount McGregor in the cottage library.
* Scan photos, documents, and articles.
* Develop and implement a system in our library for recording archived items and
accessibility for researchers.
- Work with the Executive Director to design and produce a web-based system to allow students and the general public to access the materials.
- Photograph various aspects of the Cottage including tours and special events for use in future publicity materials.
- Give tours of the Cottage along with the usual volunteer tour guides. Training, an orientation, and lesson plan/background materials for giving tours will be provided.
- Monitor social networking site, and post appropriate historically-relevant materials on it as well as to the website and blog.
- Will report to the Sit Interpreter and Executive Director.