Cheetah Chase Fun Run
Saturday, April 5
Registration begins at 9:30am;
race begins at 10:30am
- Start and finish at Case Green (click here for course map.)
- Registration begins at 9:30am on the day of the event, on Case Green.
- Runners, joggers, and walkers all welcome!
- Suggested minimum donation: $5 for students, $10 for faculty/staff/community members.
- You may bring your donation with you on the day of the event. Cash only, no checks or credit cards please.
- Donations benefit Panthera, an international organization for the preservation of wild cats.
- Music provided by Skidmore bands: Psymon Spine, Bo Peep and the Funk Sheep, Pooch, and The Band Before Time.
For more information, contact Laura Venner.
Why Support Panthera?
Some of the greatest species to ever roam the planet are threatened with extinction.
Panthera focuses on saving wild cat species across the globe because this is a winning strategy for conserving the large, functioning ecosystems on which they depend, and which contain thousands of species of plants and animals. Cats act as landscape guardians and their presence indicates healthy, intact ecosystems that are crucial for all life, including people. While Panthera’s efforts are focused on saving wild cats, the impacts go far beyond.
You can click on the name of a wild cat in the slideshow to the right to learn more about the conservation efforts focused on that species, or visit the Panthera site.