Fall 2020 Updates:
The Sustainability Office is not open for walk-ins, but our staff are available by
email, phone, and Zoom. Please contact us if you would like to set up a meeting.
All of our student programs are operating with safety and social distancing measures
in place. Please see program details below:
- BikeMore: BikeMore, our free on-campus bike share, is available for 8-hour rentals this fall. Program registration will take place online. Visit the BikeMore website for registration information.
- Skidmore Community Garden: Garden work parties are hosted on Sundays from 3-5 pm. Volunteers will assist the garden manager in harvesting, weeding, and maintaining the growing space. To maintain safe working conditions, we are limiting the number of volunteers in the garden at one time. Folks must RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm on Saturday before the event to be given a chance to volunteer. Read more about the Skidmore Community Garden here.
- Skidmore Compost: Compost Work Parties are hosted on Fridays from 3-5 pm. Volunteers will work alongside student managers to collect, shovel, and turn food waste into rich compost. To maintain safe working conditoins, we will limit the number of volunteers each week. Folks must RSVP to email@example.com by 5 pm on the Thursday before the work party to be given a chance to volunteer. Read more about Skidmore Compost here.
- North Woods: The North Woods Steward will host hikes and trail work parties through the fall. Those who wish to plug into events or volunteer in the North Woods should email firstname.lastname@example.org. Read more about the North Woods here.
Skidmore College is committed to environmental action. Skidmore's intention is reflected in its Strategic Plan, which states that Skidmore will "develop, broaden, and deepen the College's connections to the local community; enhance our ability to function as a socially and environmentally responsible corporate citizen," and "make the Skidmore campus an environmental laboratory, increase our emphasis on responsible planning for sustainable operation and continue efforts to reduce the College's 'environmental footprint'."
Actions speak louder than words, and Skidmore's actions are loud and clear. From our 29 buildings on campus that have geothermal heating and cooling systems, to the hiring of a sustainability coordinator, Skidmore is making a clear effort towards environmental action. We invite you to explore our website and learn not only about the sustainability initiatives that are happening at Skidmore, but how you can improve your green living habits and participate in campus greening events.
- The student-led event shares sustainable local food with the Skidmore community and supports the community at large.
No upcoming events at this time. Check back soon.