The Skidmore College 2022 Campus Master Plan: Strengthening our future campus
The Campus Master Plan will guide campus planning for the next decade and beyond, informing future strategic planning to steward Skidmore’s resources and best align the College’s priorities and possibilities as we create an ever more successful and vibrant learning experience.
Created in partnership with Ayers Saint Gross, an architectural firm that specializes in higher education planning, the Campus Master Plan is the result of nearly 15 months of detailed, collaborative conversations with every constituency of the College — students, staff, faculty, retirees, Board members, and Saratoga Springs community members.
The Campus Master Plan:
- Has six guiding principles — integration, flexibility, belonging, wellness, humility, and stewardship — developed through conversations with Skidmore’s entire community.
- Has, as its foundation, Skidmore’s overarching commitments to diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability.
- Is student-centered from start to finish.
- Reveals a profound commitment to a residential liberal arts education.
- Resonates with Skidmore’s current Strategic Plan, which emphasizes access, sustainability, well-being, and integrated learning.
- Sets aspirational goals for our campus’s future and is also “right-sized,” charting realistic and attainable renovations and creations at Skidmore that will align with our top priorities and values.
At Skidmore, we don’t just build buildings, we build concepts. This Campus Master Plan reflects that understanding of how a great college campus should be constructed, in organic relation to the teaching and learning principles that animate the College.Marc C. Conner
Latest Messages and Updates
- The document will guide strategic campus planning for the next decade and beyond
- Staff, faculty, and students are invited to join planning firm Ayers Saint Gross (ASG) for a one-hour Campus Master Planning update session.
- Calling Skidmore’s campus master planning process a “deeply collaborative community partnership,” President Marc Conner provided an overview of his vision for the plan and process, and introduced the firm that will gather input from all members of the Skidmore community, guide the College through the planning process over the next 14 months, and draft the eventual Campus Master Plan by the end of next year.
- With almost 200 Skidmore community members in attendance this morning, we hosted an informational kick-off event to officially launch the Skidmore Campus Master Plan 2022.
- Faculty, staff and students are invited to attend the community meeting at 10 a.m. Monday, April 5, via Zoom.