On-Campus Vaccination and Booster Clinic
Dear Skidmore Students,
In partnership with a local pharmacy, Skidmore will hold a COVID-19 vaccination and booster clinic on campus next Tuesday, Dec.7, beginning at 10 a.m. in the Intramural Gym in Wiliamson Sports Center. The Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, and Johnson & Johnson (J&J) vaccines will all be available for individuals to select from for their booster. In addition, first doses and second doses can also be administered.
The clinic isfor members of the Skidmore community ONLY,and prioritized for students, though a limited number of spaces for employees may be made available. Please do not forward this information to others. Students who do not have transportation to other local/regional vaccine providers or who face other accessibility challenges are especially urged to sign up for the clinic.
Please see your email for sign up link and instructions.
Appointments will be filled on a rolling basis and are first come, first served.
The sign-up link and clinic are administered by a New York state-approved vaccine administrator, Dr. Neal Smoller. All information provided through the sign-up link, including demographic information, is required by New York state and will be protected by Dr. Smoller in accordance with state and federal law.
Please remember to bring your COVID-19 vaccinationcard and health insurance information with you to the clinic. There is no charge for COVID-19 vaccines, including boosters, regardless of health insurance status.
Skidmore encourages and supports eligible individuals — now everyone 18 and older — in getting a booster shot. Individuals who received the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine may get a booster six months after their second shot and may choose from a Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson (J&J) booster. Individuals who received the J&J vaccine are eligible for a booster two months after vaccination and may also choose from a Pfizer, Moderna, or J&J booster. For additional information on choosing your COVID-19 booster shot, please visit the CDC website.
This is an excellent, convenient opportunity to receive your booster shot before the extended winter break to help protect yourself as well as your family, friends, and our campus community.
The COVID-19 Logistics Working Group
- Donna Ng (Co-Chair), Vice President for Finance and Administration & Treasurer
- Gail Cummings-Danson (Co-Chair), Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs and Director of Athletics
- Sarah Delaney Vero, Interim Human Resources Director
- Pat Fehling, Associate Dean of the Faculty and Professor for Health and Human Physiological Sciences Department
- Sara Miga, Director of External Relations and Strategic Communications
- Tim Munro, Director of Campus Safety
- Bruce Murray, Assistant Director of Facilities
- Kelley Patton-Ostrander, Assistant Vice President for Financial Planning & Auxiliary Services
- Ann Marie Przywara, Associate Dean of Student Affairs for Residential Life
- Julia Routbort, Associate Dean of Student Affairs for Health and Wellness
- Angela Valden, Strategic Communications Editor