Definitions and Instructions
Renewals & Replacements: infrastructure projects with costs of $5k or greater,
Equipment: pieces of equipment with costs (including shipping and installation costs, where applicable) of $5k or greater, and
Information Technology: Information Technology projects and equipment with costs of $5k or greater
Renewals & Replacements: infrastructure projects with costs between $1k and $5k,
Equipment: pieces of equipment with costs (including shipping and installation costs, where applicable) between $1k and $5k, and
Information Technology: Information Technology projects and equipment with costs between $1k and $5k
A New Initiative is designed to provide funding for new programs or positions that will support Skidmore's Strategic Action Agenda.
- Submit each request separately using the following link: https://www.skidmore.edu/apps/cbr/.
- To ensure your request is as complete and accurate as possible, please consult with
Facilities, Purchasing, and/or IT to obtain information and pricing prior to submiting
- Facilities - Paul Lundberg, ext. 5869
- Purchasing - Carol Schnitzer, ext. 5849
- IT - Amy Murray, ext. 5908
- Include shipping costs, installation costs, peripheral equipment (e.g. backup power supplies, alarms, etc), and maintenance agreement costs when applicable.
- For New Initiatives, if you are seeking a new position please provide a total dollar amount for salary and benefits. In addition, when making a request for a new position please identify the space for this person.
- Include justification that can be reviewed and considered for approval by your respective vice president or dean.
- Capital requests deferred from a prior year need to be re-submitted in order to be reconsidered for approval (i.e. no requests are automatically 'carried over').