Since January 2014, various staff have been meeting regularly to create a staff group. Together, they have
- conducted research on the mission, goals, and structure of staff councils at peer and aspirant colleges;
- held meetings with Joshua Woodfork, Vice President of Strategic Planning and Institutional Diversity, to assess administrative support of a staff council;
- assisted the staff survey consulting group in developing spring 2014’s staff survey;
- collaborated with Barbara Beck, Associate Vice President for Finance & Administration and Director of Human Resources, to move the staff council’s creation forward;
- provided feedback to Human Resources on various issues;
- gained the support of President Philip A. Glotzbach and the cabinet to officially create a Staff Advisory Group in May 2015; and
- officially launched the Staff Advisory Group in September 2015.