LectureConstitution Day Lecture: "The Supreme Court's New…
Calendar Only Calendar Only : Marc DeGirolami, Professor of Law, St. John’s University School of Law Associate Director, Center for Law and Religion “The Supreme Court’s New…Read More
FilmWhole Grain: Films for One to Eight Projectors…
Tang Teaching Museum Somers: Join us on Thursday, September 19, at 6:00 pm, as filmmaker, curator, and professor Roger Beebe—who has been crisscrossing North America with his multiprojector…Read More
LectureGreenberg Residency Lecture
PALMTN Gannett Auditorium: Where has ISIS gone? A lecture by Nimrod Hurvitz, 2019 Greenberg Middle East ScholarinResidence with an introduction by Murat Yildiz, Assistant Professor, Department of…Read More
Film1954: Are We Living in a Post-Truth Era? with Ben…
Palamountain Hall Davis Auditorium: “1954” is a humorous examination of the question: “Are we living in a posttruth era?” Ben Tumin explores coverage of the 1954 U.S.led coup in Guatemala and…Read More
- Skidmore is welcoming 35 new faculty members to campus this fall — a diverse group of scholars and artists who strengthen the College’s academic offerings and enrich the Skidmore community.
- Skidmore College President Philip A. Glotzbach joined representatives of other leading institutions of higher education and national media outlets to discuss issues facing U.S. colleges and universities.
- How Skidmore’s liberal arts curriculum put Harry Mooney '21 in a class he never planned to take, with results he never expected.
- Skidmore College is welcoming an incoming class of 740 students, a diverse group that brings an impressive record of volunteerism and involvement in athletic and entrepreneurial activities.
- Skidmore has nearly 130 student clubs, many of which attended the fall semester's festive Student Government Association Club Fair.
- President Philip A. Glotzbach warmly welcomes all students, staff, faculty, alumni and friends to the 2019-2020 academic year.
- What do current students know now that they wish they knew then? From advice on academics to remembering your winter coat, current Skidmore students offer words of wisdom to the incoming class.
- For the 40 students who just completed Skidmore’s rigorous Summer Academic Institute, the Opportunity Program isn’t just about boosting their promising academic and professional careers — it’s about joining an OP family at Skidmore.
- A Skidmore student and Thoroughbred Ambassador who has guided many prospective students through campus shares some tips to make your visit to Skidmore even more memorable.
We believe that every life is made more profound with creativity at its core.Read More
We’re completely committed to environmental action. From our own solar field and 29 buildings with geothermal heating and cooling, to student-run composting, gardens, and more–we’re doing it ourselves so our ecosystems, and those beyond them, can reap immediate benefits.