Office of Academic Advising
The Office of Academic Advising supports and supplements Skidmore's faculty-based academic advising model. We help students understand their academic degree requirements, timeline to graduation, and the College’s academic policies and procedures.
We guide students toward graduation while making the most of their educational experience. Our academic advisors are committed to fostering strong academic standards while offering academic support and guidance to all students.
The Office also oversees Personal/Medical Leaves of Absence.
Advisors are also involved in many of the faculty's academic processes and committees and offer assistance in developing and implementing academic policies, curricular goals, and advising resources.
Talk with an Academic Advisor About:
- Academic Degree Requirements
- Academic Policies & Procedures
- Academic Goals
- Course Planning
- Course Withdrawals
- Exploring Majors and Minors
- Leaves of Absence (Personal or Medical)
- Managing Academic Challenges
- Referrals to Campus Services and Resources
- Summer Courses
- Timeline to Graduation
Students can access their Degree Audit in the Student System at any time to view their individualized, master checklist of academic degree requirements needed to gradaute. Although students are responsible for understanding their degree requirements and making informed course selections, faculty advisors and advisors from the Office of Academic Advising are both available to provide information and guidance at every step.
A Checklist of Degree Requirements that includes the full scope of college-wide and major-specific requirements, follow the links below.
|Catalog 2019 and Prior||Catalog 2020 and Beyond|
- First-Year Experience - Scribner Seminar SSP 100
- Expository Writing
- Applied Quantitative Reasoning (AQR)
- Global Cultural Perspectives
- Language Study
- Artistic Inquiry through Practice
- Humanistic Inquiry and Practice
- Scientific Inquiry through Practice
- The Bridge Experience
- Maturity Level Credits - Total of 24 Credits at the 300-Level
- The Senior Experience Coda
Upcoming Dates and Deadlines
- Advising Period Begins for Spring 2023 - Monday, October 24, 2022
- Course Withdrawal - Thursday, November 10, 2022
- Personal Leave of Absence - Thursday, November 10, 2022
- Medical Leave of Absence - Friday, December 9, 2022
See the Academic Calendar for other important dates and deadlines.
- Advisor Change
- Application for Readmission
- Declaration of Major
- Declaration of Minor
- Registrar Forms
- Semester Schedule Worksheet
- Transfer Credit Approval Form
RELATED Advising Links
- Academic Standards and Review
- College Catalog (2022-23)
- Committee on Academic Standing (CAS) Operating Code
- Internship Credit
- Majors and Minors
- Master Schedule
- New Curriculum
- Student Handbook
- Summer Session
related campus partners for Academic Support