Visiting Assistant Professor
B.A., Williams College
M.A. and Ph.D., Rutgers University, New Brunswick
Office: TLC 327
Phone: (518) 580-5162
Teaching and Research Interests:
- Contemporary Literature
- American Literature, 1865-present
- Media Studies and Media History
- Digital Culture
- Literature and Theory of the Archive
- EN 105: Digital Identity
- EN 229: Literature in the Digital Age
- EN 363: American Realism
- "On Unpublishing: Fugitive Materiality and the Future of the Anthropocene Book." Publishing as Artistic Practice. Eds. Annette Gilbert and Priscilla Posada. Berlin: Sternberg Press, 2016.
- “Lost in the Clouds: A Media Theory of the Flight Recorder.” The Routledge Companion to Media Studies and Digital Humanities. Ed. Jentery Sayers. New York: Routledge, forthcoming 2016.
- “The Aesthetics of Erasure.” Introduction and Special Issue Guest Editor for Media-N, Journal of the New Media Caucus of the College Art Association 11.1, Spring 2015. http://median.newmediacaucus.org/the_aesthetics_of_erasure/
- “Bootleg Paratextuality and Digital Temporality: Towards an Alternate Present of the
DVD.” Invited contribution to Narrative 21.1, January 2013. James Phelan Prize for the Best Contribution to Narrative, 2013.
- “Lost in Transcription: Postwar Typewriting Culture, Andy Warhol’s Bad Book, and the Standardization of Error.” PMLA 125.1, January 2010. William Riley Parker Prize for an Outstanding Article Published in PMLA, 2010.