Preference will be given to students who meet the following requirements:
- A minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
- A minimum successful completion of FS-206 or its equivalent is required with a preference for successful completion of FS-208.
- At least sophomore* standing at the time of program participation
- Ability to demonstrate, through personal essay and recommendations, the level of maturity and self- motivation needed to succeed abroad
If you do not meet the requirements above, you can petition to study abroad. Please see the Skidmore in Spain program manager to discuss your options.
*Customarily, second-semester sophomores and first-semester juniors apply to study abroad. Students that would like to study outside their junior year (as a sophomore or senior) can submit a non-junior petition with their application.
- October 1 for the spring semester
- March 15 for the fall or full-year
Students are encouraged to apply early! OCSE reviews applications on a rolling-basis and students typically receive a decision on their application about 1-2 weeks after the application is completed.
Applications may be accepted after the listed deadlines on a case-by-case basis.
Skidmore students with a major or minor in Spanish will be placed into the Skidmore in Spain program based on the recommendation of his or her advisor in the Spanish Section of the Department of Foreign Languages & Literatures. Please see your advisor for appropriate program selection.
Any student receiving academic or physical accommodations should contact OCSE as soon as possible to discuss your program selection with a Program Manager and what accommodations may be available in London. For more information, please see Disability Services.