Essays and Speeches
- I am very happy to welcome you back for the spring semester after what I hope was a renewing and fulfilling break. For Skidmore, 2019 promises to be a year filled with excitement and new opportunities, as well as challenges, and I write to you to share some news of what lies ahead.
- Welcome to another exciting academic year. To the 685 students of the Class of 2022, welcome to Skidmore! To returning staff, students and faculty, I trust your summer was filled with adventures and new experiences. It has been a busy summer, and we have a great deal of news to share to those who are new and those who are continuing their relationship with the College.
- Glotzbach extols a simple but crucial value: friendship, not on Facebook but in closeness, respect, affection, and loyalty
- Sharing thoughts on social justice and the responsibility of liberally educated citizens
- On graduates’ responsibilities—and capabilities—to leave the world better than they found it