THE OFFICE OF OFF-CAMPUS STUDY & EXCHANGES at SKIDMORE COLLEGE
The Office of Off-Campus Study & Exchanges (OCSE) facilitates student and faculty opportunities that allow for a wider range of educational experiences, both internationally and in the United States. OCSE works with students, parents, faculty, administrators, and off-campus constituents to advance the goals of Skidmore’s strategic plan for increased intercultural understanding and global awareness.
Specifically, OCSE’s mission includes:
- developing and managing off-campus study opportunities for our students to ensure a broad geographical portfolio that focuses on and supports students’ academic needs;
- developing and managing off-campus opportunities that allow for the exchange of students and, in that way increasing the diversity of the Skidmore student body;
- providing structures that allow students access to off-campus opportunities regardless of academic discipline or financial constraints;
- offering students and faculty structures that encourage total integration of the off-campus experience into on-campus academic and co-curricular experience, thereby promoting a holistic approach to the students’ education vis-à-vis intercultural understanding and global awareness;
- representing Skidmore in the field of international education at a local, regional, and national level to ensure continued visibility and recognition of Skidmore’s efforts;
- serving as a resource for faculty and facilitating off-campus opportunities that support faculty teaching and learning;
- serving as a resource for families of students who engage in these off-campus opportunities; and
- serving as a resource for administrators and faculty working to advance the goals of Skidmore’s strategic plan.
(Developed by The Advisory Committee on International Study in consultation with The Office of Off-Campus Study & Exchanges, October 2007)