Student Summer Housing Overview
We are thrilled you are planning on joining us on campus this summer! Whether you are taking a class, doing research or working to support our campus, Skidmore and Saratoga Springs are the places to be for an unforgettable summer!
Important Dates for Summer 2018:
- January 11: Summer Sessions course registration opens
- February 26: Housing Application opens
- May 6: Housing Application deadline for Session 1 (May 27 - June 30) and Session 3 ( May 27 - August 4)
- June 10: Housing Application deadline for Session 2 (July 3 - August 4)
- Move-In and Move-Out Dates:
- Housing before May 27 is considered an early arrival and requires prior approval. Please contact us if you require housing before this date.
- May 27: Summer Session 1 & 3 Move-In
- June 30: Summer Session 1 Move-Out
- July 1: Summer Session 2 Move-In
- August 4: Summer Session 2 & 3 Move-Out
- Housing after August 4 is considered a late departure and requires prior approval. Please contact us if
you require housing after this date.
- See more dates in the full Summer Week Calendar.
- Housing Cancellation Deadlines
- Students wishing to cancel their housing must request a cancellation by May 17 for
Session 1 & 3 arrival, or by June 21 for Session 2 arrival. Cancellations received
after the specified dates may be subject to a cancellation fee of $250 applied to
your Skidmore Student Account.
- Meal Plan Change and Cancellation Deadline
- Students living in apartments may cancel/change their meal plan, students living in residence halls may change their meal plan within 7 DAYS of their arrival date only. Meal plan changes and cancellations will take effect the following Sunday.
- Meal plans are billed weekly and cannot be prorated per day.
Summer Student Housing is available to:
- Students enrolled in Skidmore College Summer Sessions Classes for credit
- Students participating in Summer Collaborative Research
- Students enrolled in a Skidmore sponsored internship or Skidmore Independent Study
- Student employees working on campus (must be verified by supervisor)
- Undergraduate visiting students and interns
- Please contact us if you are not sure of your eligibility.
Students are housed based on their purpose on campus:
- Summer Sessions, Employees, Interns: Northwoods Apartments/McClellan 3rd Floor
- Collaborative Research: Northwoods Apartments
- Students are grouped based on arrival and departure dates, but you may request to live with others with the same housing dates when you apply.
- Requests for roommates/housemates with different housing dates will not be honored.
- Limited substance free and quiet housing is available. Please note this may impact roommate preferences.
Summer Housing and Meal Plans are calculated WEEKLY.
- Housing or meal charges cannot be pro-rated by day.
- See more on Summer Housing and Meal Rates
How to Apply:
- Read over Summer Housing and Meal Rates
- Review Student Summer Housing Dates and take note of the weeks you will require housing.
- Submit an Online Application
- Please contact us immediately to request any changes to be made to your housing dates after your application is submitted.
Questions, Clarifications, Concerns? Please Contact Us:
Office of the Dean of Special Programs
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866