2018 Summer Student Housing Resources
- Move-In and Move-Out Dates
- Housing before May 27 is considered an early arrival and requires prior approval. Please contact us if you require housing before this date.
- May 27: Summer Session 1 & 3 Move-In
- June 30: Summer Session 1 Move-Out
- July 1: Summer Session 2 Move-In
- August 4: Summer Session 2 & 3 Move-Out
- Housing after August 4 is considered a late departure. Please contact us if you require housing after this date.
- See more dates in the full Summer Week Calendar.
- After your Summer Housing Application has been received and verified, you will receive an email about 2 weeks before your arrival to confirm your housing dates and estimated charges to be billed.
- Roommate/Housemate information will be emailed about one week before your arrival date.
- Upon arrival to campus, check-in at the Summer Registration Desk, located on the second level of Case College Center to obtain your room assignment and key card. Specific room assignments will not be available until your arrival date due to last minute changes and adjustments.
- At check-in you will receive your Summer Housing Guide & Summer Information Guide. These guides will have all the information you need regarding services and support we offer summer students.
- Housing and meal plan charges will be posted to Skidmore Student Billing Accounts by mid-summer. (Non-Skidmore students and graduates must be paid in full two weeks prior to arrival)
- Skidmore students must have their active Skidmore ID at check-in.
Sorry, but there are no on-campus storage spaces available to students. There are many local storage facilities that may be found by clicking here.
Your Summer Residential Assistants are:
- Community Welcome Event & Fire Safety Talk: TBD
- 2nd Community Welcome Event & Fire Safety Talk: TBD
- Session 2 Give and Go: TBD
- Keep an eye out for all events and activities taking place on campus this summer!
- To submit a work order, please contact the Summer Registration Desk in Case at (518)-580-5686.
- After 7pm, if your problem is an emergency, please contact Campus Safety at 518-580-5567.
Changing your housing dates:
- Session 1 Students: Please note that registering for Session 2 classes does not automatically update your housing departure date. You will need to also contact Summer Housing to adjust your housing dates at the time you register for classes.
- Leaving Early: If you wish to end your housing weeks earlier than expected, you must notify us prior to departure for billing credit to be considered.
Changing your meal plan:
- Students wishing to drop or change their meal plan must do so within the first week of arrival on-campus. No changes will be made after Friday June 2nd (Session 1 arrivals). No changes will be made after Friday July 7th (Session 2 arrivals).
- Meal plan changes will take effect on the Sunday following request.
- To change your meal plan, email Summer Housing, call her at 518-580-5598 or visit her office in Pine Cottage Annex, number 28 on the campus map.
Requesting a party:
- Please complete the Summer Party Request Form and submit it to Lilly Routledge in the Office of Special Programs (Pine Cottage Annex, number 28 on the campus map ).
- Forms must be submitted by Noon on the Thursday before your party.
- Please see one of the Summer RAs if you have any questions.
Staying after August 19:
- All housing after August 19 is considered an early arrival for fall semester and handled by Residential Life.
- Only students who have an on-campus housing assignment in the fall can be accommodated after August 19th. Temporary housing for students who are scheduled to live off-campus in the fall is not available.
- To stay on campus after August 19, students must coordinate with their sponsoring department and Residential Life.
- The deadline for Sponsoring Departments to submit student info to Residential Life is May 1st.
Please see the Summer Information Guide for all campus hours.
- Re-opening in their newly renovated location in Jonsson Tower on June 6th
- Limited services are available to all students and summer participants
- Monday—Friday 9-11:30am and 12-3pm
- Phone number: 518-580-5550
- After hours, contact Campus Safety
- Located in their newly renovated space in Jonsson Tower
- Services available to matriculated undergraduate Skidmore students only
- No session limit during the summer
- No psychiatric care during the summer
- Monday—Friday 9-11:30am and 12-3pm
- After hours, contact Counseling Center main line at 518-580-5555 to reach auto-attendant for on-call services
- Located on 3rd Floor Case Center
- Lending library offers books and items related to sexuality nutrition, sleep, alcohol and drugs, stress, fitness, and other wellness issues. Condoms, pregnancy tests, and other sexual health supplies available for sale.
- 2 Peer Health Educators on staff for summer
- Monday—Friday 12-3pm