Articles and Resources
In July 2014 Governor Andrew Cuomo signed into law adoption of the new International Symbol of Access. The symbol drops the use of the term "handicap" and incorporates a symbol emphasizing ability and action in place of disability and passivity. You can learn more about the symbol from the Accessible Icon Project by following the link below.
New York State was the first in the nation to adopt the new International Symbol of Access and Skidmore is proud to be among the first institutions to update campus parking signs. Skidmore's updated signage has been generously donated by MyParkingSign.com. You can learn more about their organization at the link below.
- We Connect Now
- Disaboom (social network)
- The Center for Universal Design in Education (universal design)
- The Ragged Edge online
- Uppity Disability Dot Net
- Disability Studies Quarterly
- Access Submission Document
- AHEAD- Journal of Postsecondary Education and Disability