The Susan Hirsch Schwartz Fund
The Susan Hirsch Schwartz Fund was established to encourage the involvement of students receiving financial aid and grant money in off-campus career and graduate school exploration.
- Apply online.
- Your application will be reviewed and you will be notified of eligibility within 5 business days.
- Funds are available on a first come, first serve basis and must be spent within 30 days of award approval. Receipts and Thank You Note must be provided for your reimbursement to be processed.
- Once you are approved and you have provided all required documentation, a reimbursement request will be submitted the Accounts Payable Office and your check will be available within 10 business days.
- The SHS Fund will cover up to $150 of approved expenses such as travel assistance, interview attire, graduate school test and application fees, and other expenses. All expenses must be preapproved by the Career Development Center.
- Qualified students can receive one award per year. This can include can include multiple purchases and you will be reimbursed for up to $150 of your total expenses. Receipts should be submitted together, as only one reimbursement will made.
- No cash advances are permitted.
NOTE: The fund is not available for clothing for school (including winter clothing), textbooks, college fees, etc.
Examples of what could be funded:
- Career & Internship Connections along with other career days
- Informational interviews with alumni, parents and other contacts
- Job interviews
- Professional business attire for interviews and internships
- Regional networking receptions
- Off-campus graduate school fairs
- Grad school application fees
- Kaplan test prep course fees
Please contact Nicole Todd if you have questions or need additional information.