Information for Students
Placement diagnostic for 100-level chemistry courses
All students interested in taking chemistry are required to take the online placement diagnostic before they can register for a chemistry course.
Suggested course timelines for Chemistry majors, including the biochemistry concentration
What courses should you take each semester as a Chemistry major, or if you pursue the biochemistry concentration, or the American Chemical Society certification? Click above to find out.
American Chemical Society certified degree information
The ACS certifies our Chemistry department and a degree you have the option to earn here. Click above to find out how to meet ACS certification requirements.
Study abroad opportunities and course timelines for Chemistry Majors
Chemistry majors can study abroad. Click above to find out where and what courses to take when to prepare for a sememester abroad.
Chem Club meets provides space for students to organize social and professional activities for those intersted in chemistry. Contact Elissa Williams, President of Chem Club, for more information.
Chemistry reference information
Chemical information databases (journal searching, including ACS, SciFinder, Science Direct, and Web of Science)
Chemical information reference books (including CRC handbook)
Health Professions Advisory Committee (HPAC)
Students interested in medical, dental, or veterinary graduate programs click here.
Organizations including those listed below offer conferences, workshops, career development resources, and networking opportunities to a wide range of chemists and other scientists.
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- American Chemical Society Eastern New York Section (ENYACS)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB)
- American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (ASPET)
- Association for Women in Science (AWiS)
- Biophysical Society (BPS)
- Council for Undergraduate Research (CUR)
- International Union of Crystallography (IUCr)
- International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC)
- Iota Sigma Pi (National Honor Society for Women in Chemistry)
- National Science Teachers Association (NSTA)
- New York Academy of Sciences (NYAS)
- Phi Lambda Upsilon (National Chemistry Honor Society)