Research Resources for Classics
The Skidmore Library maintains a collection of databases and journals unique to classics. We also recommend that any student conducting a research in the Classics Department begin& with our Research Tutorial, an overview of how to use the available resources.
Greek and Latin Dictionaries and Grammars
- Greek/Latin to English (online via Perseus)
- English to Greek/Latin (online via Perseus)
- English-Greek (Woodhouse via Univ. Chicago)
- Grammar based on Cicero's First Catilinarian (Skidmore College)
- Liddell, H.G. An Intermediate Greek-English Lexicon founded upon the seventh edition of Liddell and Scott's Greek English Lexicon. Oxford: Oxford Univ. Press, 1990.
- Smyth, H.W. Greek Grammar. Cambridge, MA: Harvard Univ. Press, 1976.
- Lewis, C.T. Elementary Latin Dictionary. Oxford: Oxford Univ. Press, 1991.
- Greenough, J.B., et al. Allen and Greenough's New Latin Grammar. New Rochelle, NY: A.D. Caratzas, 1988.
- Download free New Athena Unicode font (note the page also has instructions for Mac users) (UC-Berkeley)
- Download Athenian TrueType font (for Windows)
- The Voice of the Shuttle: Web Page for Humanities Research (University of California, Santa Barbara)
- Electronic Resources for Classicists: The Second Generation (University of California, Irvine)
- Exploring Ancient World Cultures: Greece (University of Evansville)
- Exploring Ancient World Cultures: Rome (University of Evansville)
- United States Library of Congress: Classical and Medieval History