The Kathy and Charlie DiSanto Memorial Student Opportunity Fund
These awards are offered on a competitive basis to support Skidmore students for dance
projects outside of course curriculum requirements but may include independent studies.
Projects that have a community-based research or service component will be given preference.
Projects that help a student discover new connections across disciplines will be strongly
considered. These opportunities might include but are not limited to creative projects,
internships, dance education, and research studies.
- 2021 Caitlin Koto ’22 - Teach a dance class for age 55+ adults in the greater Saratoga community in the Summer of 2021. She developed the class over the Spring 2021 semester as a free virtual community movement class and was invited to continue and expand on her program throughout the summer.
- 2021 Samantha Retell ’22 - Collaborate with the Greenberg Childcare Center to engage young children in a weekly dance and creative movement class. She also plans to collaborate with local library programs offering free outdoor dance classes to the greater Saratoga community.
- 2020 Silas Seno Mitchell ’21 - Explorations on Identity and Community Through Art and Movement in the Context of Social Distancing: How we can Close Emotional Distance Despite Social Distance Through Dance.
- 2020 Kathleen Oakley ‘21 - Dance to Success Marketing Intern.
- 2019 Kathryn Brodie '22 - Intern with Fine Arts In Rockbridge (FAIR) summer camp and Halestone Dance Studio in Virginia producing Public Relations dance videos appropriate for educational and public relations material for the summer camp and dance studio. She will also have the opportunity to collaborate with other choreographers to create dance films.
- 2019 Libby (Elizabeth) Griffin '20 - Intern helping with research at Brown University's School of Public Health. This research will help better the lives of those affected by obesity, mental illness, and addiction. In addition, these funds will help her continue her dance training.
- 2019 Elise Partain '20 - Intern at the Ailey Camp in Newark, NJ during the summer of 2019 helping students in the classroom, assisting with productions, supervising and chaperoning campers, as well as developing her skills as a documentarian.
- 2019 Allai (Allaistar) Regan ’21 - Intern at the Kennedy Center for Performing Arts. She will organize and oversee educational programs for professional dancers from the Cunningham Trust, the Kennedy Center Dance Lab, and plan for the 2019-2020 Education Session. The Kennedy Center’s mission is to be, “committed to increasing opportunities for all people to participate in and understand the arts.”
- 2018 Madeline Bonin ‘20 - Dance Intern with individuals with disabilities at CapeAbilities in Falmouth, MA
- 2018 Molly Czitrom ‘19 - National Museum of Dance Archival Research & Intern with individuals with disabilities at AIM Services, Saratoga Springs, NY
The Oleg Moston Award
The Oleg Moston Award carries the CV building weight/honor of an Honors Convocation prize, but with the added benefit of providing access to an opportunity that would otherwise be beyond the student’s reach. It is geared to helping the graduating student with support in the transition into the post-college dance world. Examples could be that the recipient could study with a respected choreographer, gain performance rights to a performance piece or to assist with travel to study a dance form that may further the student’s scholarship.
2021 Silas Seno Mitchell
2020 Libby Griffin & Mattt Moriarty
2019 Monica Steffey
2018 Nola Donkin
2017 Elise Mumford & Olivia Roth
2016 Madeline Morser & Meghan Wojtkiewicz
2015 Kimberly Sauers
2014 Corry Ethridge
2013 Andrew Magazine
2012 Emily Pacilio
2011 Emily Craver
The Margaret Paulding Award
Established in memory of Margaret Paulding, Professor of Physical Education and Dance, 1937-1973, and Chair of the Department of Physical Education and Dance, 1958-1968, to recognize outstanding student performance, choreography, and/or research in dance.
2021 Elodie Linck
2020 Maddie Bonin
2019 Hannah Weighart
2018 Tessa Mindardi
2017 Reina Keifer
2016 Emma Lanier
2015 Kelly A. Polhemus
2014 Cameo L. Lethem
2013 Alison L. Defranco
2012 Rachel Bier
2011 Rebecca Greenbaum
2010 Brendan H. Duggan
2009 Emily R. Sferra
2008 Catherine (Casey) Loomis
2007 Karla M. Hawkins
2006 Allissa Jill Alter
2005 Jacobee Rose Buchanan
2004 Lynda E. Erbs
2003 Felix (Phil) LaBella
2002 Marti Wolfson
2001 J. Eileen Schwartz
2000 Erin Elizabeth Strong