SPRING 2021 – PLEASE NOTE, ONLY STUDENTS ENROLLED IN SR DANCE CAPSTONE II WILL BE PERMITTED TO USE THE STUDIOS OUTSIDE OF CLASS
Important: We need to prioritize the health and safety of our community, using the best information we have available. This will only work if we all participate! All students must sign the Dance Community Care Pledge.
Please also be certain to review and follow the Dance Studio Terms of Agreement and Dance Studio Policies and Procedures for Technique Classes.
Lori Dawson approves space requests for DSI and DSII. The Multipurpose room and the IM Gym are managed by the Athletic Department.
PLAN AHEAD: All requests must be entered at least 24 hours in advance and by Thursday at noon for a studio needed on Saturday or Sunday.
EMS Pointers for students enrolled in dance classes:
- Contact the Scheduling Office with questions/problems with the EMS system.
- “Space Request” is the template used for all campus requests including for students needing a studio for dance classes. Your request for a room will need to be approved for you.
- Use the recurrence feature to make entering your rooms much easier.
- For dance course work: Event Name = Your name + course name; Event Type = “Course Related”
- For “GROUP”: for course-related work, students should select Student – NOT Dance.
- Email the names of any additional students who will be with you in the studio to lddawson; include date and studio; must be done when submit studio requests.
- To make additional bookings for the same class: Click “HOME” – “MY EVENTS” - click the existing reservation name, then click the blue “New Booking” button on the right. Enter the information for your additional booking. Now all your room bookings are under one reservation, so you can more easily notice cancellations or changes you need to make to a reservation.
- Cancel reservations when they are not needed and revise the times if you don’t need all the time that you have reserved or requested. To Cancel: “HOME” – “MY EVENTS” - Click the name of the reservation - click the Blue Symbol next to the booking you need to cancel - A window will pop up, for you to enter a reason for canceling in the menu/text box. After, click the “Yes, Cancel Reservation” button.