Go to: Skidmore Scheduling Office web page to make a reservation and for detailed instructions. The General Overview is short and helpful.
Lori Dawson approves space requests for DSI, DSII, conference room and the Dance Theater. The Multipurpose room and the IM Gym are managed by the Athletic Department. PLAN AHEAD: Requests made less than 24 hours in advance may receive an error message.
EMS Pointers for students enrolled in dance classes:
- Contact the Scheduling Office with questions/problems with the EMS system.
- “Space Request” is the template used for all campus requests including for technique classes, student club needs, etc. Your request for a room will need to be approved for you.
- The "Dance Center" template is only for students in Choreo, Capstone, and approved Independent Studies. Studio and/or Dance Theater reservations are automatically booked without needing approval.
- If you are unable to see the “Dance Center” choice, let Lori know promptly so the Scheduling Office can be notified to get you into the system.
- Use the recurrence feature to make entering your rooms much easier.
- For course work: Event Name = Class name + First name; Event Type = “Course Related”
- For “GROUP”: student clubs should enter their club name; for course-related work, students should select Student – NOT Dance.
- To make additional bookings for the same project or class: Click “HOME” – “MY EVENTS” - click the existing reservation name, then click the blue “New Booking” button on the right. Enter the information for your additional booking. Now all your room bookings are under one reservation, so you can more easily notice cancellations or changes you need to make to a reservation.
- Cancel reservations when they are not needed and revise the times if you don’t need all the time that you have reserved or requested. To Cancel: “HOME” – “MY EVENTS” - Click the name of the reservation - click the Blue Symbol next to the booking you need to cancel - A window will pop up, for you to enter a reason for canceling in the menu/text box. After, click the “Yes, Cancel Reservation” button.
- Touch the screen located outside of the studios and theater in order to see when the
space is reserved and for who/what. If the space is open (green), one can touch the
green RESERVE button to book the space for current time only.