Minor in Brief
Working closely with their advisors to select courses that form a meaningful and coherent curriculum, students in Media and Film Studies take a minimum of 18 credits including:
- the foundation course, MF 101 Introduction to Media Studies (4 credits);
- at least six credits from two clusters: Media and Culture and Applied Media;
- two additional credits from either cluster;
- three credits at the 300-level;
- a structured field experience that involves applied learning. Students usually fulfill this requirement through internships, independent studies, or a significant non-credit bearing experience in one of the media or film areas in the college.