Howe-Rounds Hall (North Quad)
Howe-Rounds Hall is one of four North Quad areas. Although Howe Hall and Rounds Hall are two separate buildings, they are physical connected, and are commonly referred to as Howe-Rounds.
Howe-Rounds was built in the 1960s and named after former college trustees Dr. Will Howe and Leslie Rounds.
Dr. Will Howe served as a trustee from 1924 to 1946 and assumed the role of interim president following the death of President Keyes in 1925. He chaired the board from 1934 until his death in 1946. Dr. Howe was also a gifted writer and editor of many literary anthologies.
Leslie R. Rounds served as a College trustee from 1935 to 1960 and chaired the board of trustees from 1947 to 1960. Upon his resignation as chairman, the board expressed its appreciation: "His responsible leadership, expressed in quiet determination and experienced wisdom, was the support and recourse of two presidents; with them he shared in the direction of the College toward growth in both size and excellence."
- Laundry room with washers and dryers (located on Howe, first floor)
- Kitchenettes with a microwave, refrigerator, sink, and recycle bins (one per floor)
- Vending machines (located on the first floors of Howe and Rounds)
- Trash rooms (located in every cluster of four suites)
- Exercise machines: one treadmill and one elliptical (located on Rounds, first floor)
- Building lounge with pool table, TV and DVD player (located on Howe, first floor)
- Floor lounges (one per floor)
- Study rooms
- Outdoor bike racks (the college assumes no responsibility for missing or damaged bikes)
Rooms are furnished with the following items upon move-in:
- Desk (42-1/4" x 24-1/8" x 29-13/16" H)
- Desktop bookcase (40" x 12" x 35" H)
- Desk chair
- Dresser (31-1/2" x 24-1/8" x 29-13/16" H)
- Floor bookcase (31-1/2" x 12 x 29-13/16" H)
- Twin extra-long bed (The bed ends are 36" high with nine adjustable height settings. The clearance under the spring at the highest setting is 30")
- Padded window seat
- Modem box with cable and internet connections (one internet port per student, and one cable port per room)
All rooms in Howe-Rounds are suite style. Each suite contains two single rooms, one double/triple room, and a bathroom.
Double/triple rooms (58 rooms): 13'-2" x ___
- Window Seat: 10' x 2'
- Window Size: 10' x 6'-3"
- Closets (double): 60"w x 24"d x 96"h
- Closets (triple): 40"w x 24"d x 96"h
Single Rooms (101 Rooms): 10'-1" x 12'-6"
- Window Seat: 50" x 30"
- Window Size: 50" x 68"
- Closet: 77"w x 24"d x 96"h