Student Summer Housing Overview
We are thrilled you are planning on joining us on campus this summer! Whether you are taking a class, doing research or working to support our campus, Skidmore and Saratoga Springs are the places to be for an unforgettable summer!
Important Dates for Summer 2020
- February 1: Summer Sessions course registration opens
- March 4: Housing Application opens
- May 4: Housing Application deadline for Session 1 (May 31 - July 3), Session 1 & 2 ( May 31 - August 8), and On Campus Employment (May 31 - August 22)
- June 8: Housing Application deadline for Session 2 (July 6 - August 8)
Move-In and Move-Out Dates
- May 31: Summer Session 1 & 3 Move-In
- July 3: Summer Session 1 Move-Out
- July 6: Summer Session 2 Move-In
- August 8: Summer Session 2 & 3 Move-Out
- Housing outside of the session you select is considered a late departure and requires prior approval. Please contact us if you require housing outside of these dates.
See more information about dates in the Summer Calendar.
Summer Housing Rates
Housing for undergraduate students in Northwoods apartments for Summer 2020 will be $253.75 per week. For more information about rates view our Summer Housing Rates page.
Summer Meal Plans
Students will be able to purchase meals plans online, in a process similar to that used during the academic year. For more information on meal plan types, summer Dining Hall hours and how to sign up for a meal plan, please visit the Dining Hall's page.
Housing Cancellation Deadlines and No Shows
Students wishing to cancel their housing must request a cancellation by May 15 for Session 1 arrival, or by June 19 for Session 2 arrival. Cancellations received after the specified dates may be subject to a cancellation fee of $250 applied to your Skidmore Student Account.
- Students who do not show up for their summer housing and do not notify us by the dates above will be subject to a fee of $250
Summer Student Housing is available to
- Students enrolled in Skidmore College Summer Sessions Classes for credit
- Students participating in Summer Collaborative Research
- Students enrolled in a Skidmore sponsored internship or Skidmore Independent Study for credit
- Student employees working on campus (must be verified by supervisor)
- Please contact us if you are not sure of your eligibility.
Students are housed based on their purpose on campus
- Students are grouped based on arrival and departure dates, but you may request to live with others with the same housing dates when you apply. EXCEPTION: Collaborative Research participants are housed together.
- Requests for roommates/housemates with different housing dates will not be honored.
- Limited substance free and quiet housing is available. Please note this may impact roommate preferences.
How to Apply
- Review Student Summer Housing Dates and take note of the sessions you will require housing for.
- Submit an Online Application (Available after March 4). Summer Housing Application
- Please contact us immediately to request any changes to be made to your housing dates after the timeframe has passed to edit your application.
Questions, Clarifications, Concerns? Please Contact Us!
Office of Residential Life
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866