Student Summer Housing Overview
We are thrilled you are planning on joining us on campus this summer! Whether you are taking a class, doing research or working to support our campus, Skidmore and Saratoga Springs are the places to be for an unforgettable summer!
We anticipate that all COVID-19 mitigation protocols, including masking and social distancing, will remain in place on campus during summer 2021. Please know that, given the ongoing impact of COVID-19 as well as uncertainties related to infection levels, vaccine availability and local, state and national requirements, Skidmore’s summer planning related to both academic courses and campus housing may change. Students should also anticipate that on-campus and in-person academic, clinical and other services and supports will be more limited during the summer months.
Important Dates for Summer 2021
- March 1: Summer Sessions course registration opens
- April 1: Housing Application opens (On-campus housing is not available to visiting students)
- May 3: Housing Application deadline for Session 1 (May 31 - July 3), Session 3 (May 31 - August 7), & On Campus Employment (May 31 - August 22)
- June 7: Housing Application deadline for Session 2 (July 6 - August 8)
Move-In and Move-Out Dates
- May 31: Summer Session 1 & 3 Move-In
- Spring 2021 residents who are approved for summer housing will be permitted to stay on campus until the start of Summer Session 1 & 3 and will be billed the weekly rate
- Spring 2021 residents who wish to leave campus and return for Summer Session 1 & 3 must make their own precautionary quarantine arrangements.
- July 3: Summer Session 1 Move-Out
- July 5: Summer Session 2 Move-In
- August 7: Summer Session 2 & 3 Move-Out
- Students staying for on campus employment will transition from their Summer Assignment to their Fall 2021 assignment at the conclusion of the summer period.
- Housing outside of the session you select is considered a late departure and requires prior approval. Please contact us if you require housing outside of these dates.
See more information about dates in the Summer Calendar.
Summer Housing Rates
Housing for undergraduate students in apartments for Summer 2021 will be $253.75 per week. For more information about rates view our Summer Housing Rates page.
Summer Meal Plans
Students will be able to purchase meals plans online, in a process similar to that used during the academic year. For more information on meal plan types, summer Dining Hall hours and how to sign up for a meal plan, please visit the Dining Hall's page.
Housing Cancellation Deadlines and No Shows
Students wishing to cancel their housing must request a cancellation by May 14 for Session 1 arrival, or by June 18 for Session 2 arrival. Cancellations received after the specified dates may be subject to a cancellation fee of $250 applied to your Skidmore Student Account.
- Students who do not show up for their summer housing and do not notify us by the dates above will be subject to a fee of $250
Summer Student Housing is available to
- Students enrolled in Skidmore College Summer Sessions Classes for credit
- Students participating in Summer Collaborative Research
- Students enrolled in a Skidmore sponsored internship or Skidmore Independent Study for credit
- Student employees working on campus (must be verified by supervisor)
- Please contact us if you are not sure of your eligibility.
Students are housed based on their purpose on campus
- Students are grouped based on arrival and departure dates, but you may request to live with others with the same housing dates when you apply.
- Requests for roommates/housemates with different housing dates will not be honored.
- Limited substance free and quiet housing is available. Please note this may impact roommate preferences.
How to Apply
- Review Student Summer Housing Dates and take note of the sessions you will require housing for.
- Submit an Online Application (Available after April 1). Summer Housing Application
- Please contact us immediately to request any changes to be made to your housing dates after the timeframe has passed to edit your application.
Questions, Clarifications, Concerns? Please Contact Us!
Office of Residential Life
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866