Submit a request
Scheduling Office

Event Scheduling Tips

Events must be reserved through the EMS scheduling 24 hours in advance.  If you are requesting space less than 24 hours in advance you must contact the scheduling office (x5599).

Scheduling Timeline

January -  Summer classes & programs scheduled by mid-January
  • Summer Scheduling opens
March -  Fall classes scheduled by mid-March
  • Fall scheduling opens
October -  Spring classes scheduled by mid-October
  • Spring scheduling opens

Dates to avoid for scheduling major events:

When choosing the time of an event:

During the day classes generally run from 8:40am-5:20pm. The last class ends at 9:30pm. The prime time for scheduling events occurs between 7pm-10pm so consider an early evening time, 6pm-8pm, to avoid conflicts with space and/or resources for an event.

To avoid event conflicts, please check EMS for events scheduled in other venues.

 Event Planning Resources

If your event needs... You should...
Special setup that includes extra tables, chairs, etc. Put in an event request with Facilities Services
Food, snacks, beverages, or liquor license Put in a catering request with Dining Services
Computer setup, audio, or visual support Put in a support request through Media Services
Special parking or security arrangements Contact Campus Safety
Overnight accommodations Make a room reservation at the Surrey

Contact the Office of Communications

Enter your event on the Campus Calendar


Frequently Asked Questions

Email the Scheduling Office with your questions or concerns. 

The group my event is for is not listed in my drop down. How do I select a different group? 

You have to add your group to your drop-down by clicking on the magnifying glass next to group. From here you should search for your group (department or student group). Type in the first few letters in the group name and hit the magnifying glass. Add your group by hitting the green and white plus sign. Hit done and then you will be able to see your group in the dropdown menu. If your group is NOT in the system, call X5599 or email the Scheduling Office.

Why doesn't a room I'm looking for show up when I'm requesting a space?

The only rooms that will come up to choose from when you are trying to request a space are the rooms that are available at that time and that fit the number you put in the attendance for the setup type specified (if applicable).

Where do I schedule the conference rooms?

The conference rooms are not managed through EMS, so continue to schedule them the way that you have in the past, directly with the department scheduler. If you need help finding a conference room I'll be happy to help you find a room just call x5599 or email the Scheduling Office.

How do I request catering in a conference room not managed through EMS?

Login to EMS and select “Service Only Request”, “Catering Only” to submit a catering request in a space not listed in EMS. Be sure you have the space properly scheduled and notify Dining Services of any changes.

How do I schedule the Dining Hall rooms?

The spaces in the Dining Hall are now available through the EMS. Log-in and chose "Reservations", "Dining Hall" to request those spaces.

When I put in a catering service request will it automatically go Dining Services?

Yes, Dining Services receives and manages catering service orders submitted through EMS. You will receive separate confirmations for your space request and for your catering request.

When I put in my request will it automatically go to Facilities and Media Services?

No, (with the exception of meeting/event spaces in the Surrey Williamson Inn)you must put in requests to them if you need their services. We plan to centralize requests for Facilities and Media Services in the near future, starting with the Surrey setup needs. Please see the above links in the Event Planning Resources for assistance.

When I put in my request will it be automatically put on the Public Events Calendar?

No, when you submit your event you will have the option to choose to add your event to the Public Events Calendar, your Department Calendar, both or neither. A public event is considered open to the community. You will receive an email requesting event details to be posted to the Calendar with the option to add an image. 

How do I get a Department Calendar?

If you have a department calendar it will be displayed on your department's home webpage. If you would like to have a calendar on your department's webpage please contact the Office of Communications.

Can I cancel my event?

If you are in the system you can find your event under Reservations "View My Requests". If you click on the event title you will be able to "Cancel Bookings" or "Cancel All Bookings". You can also cancel an event by clicking the red and white x next to the event.

How do I change the date/time of my event?

If you are in the system you need to find your event under Reservations "View My Requests". If you click on the event title and open up the reservation you will need to click on the "Booking Tools". From here you can change the date or time of one or all of your bookings. **If your event is already posted to the Public/Student/Department Calendar, contact the Scheduling Office to change the date/time or location**

If I'm requesting the Case Table/Skid Shop Tables or Case Poster Space what number should I put for attendance?

1 or 2.