Skip to Main Content
Skidmore College
Risk Management


Skidmore College requires general liability insurance for approved, third-party users of college facilities. This requirement can be satisfied by providing a certificate of insurance showing evidence of proper general liability insurance. Because of the inability for some third-party users to obtain general liability insurance on their own, the college has enrolled in the Tenant User's Liability Insurance Policy (TULIP), designed for third-party facility users who need to purchase general liability insurance.

TULIP is a web-based, low-cost insurance policy that protects both the facility user and the college. The policy applies to bodily injury or property damage arising out of the use of college premises by external users (third parties with no relation to the college). Premium costs will be paid by the third party. Premium costs are based on the nature of the event, the duration of the event, the number of participants, the level of risk of the event (i.e. higher risk events such as camps, sporting events, rock concerts, to lower risk events such as classroom seminars, job fairs, etc.) and any special requirements such as liquor liability, etc.

Click on the image to get a quote for your event:

 URMIA Tulip