Skidmore College requires general liability insurance for approved, third-party users
of college facilities. This requirement can be satisfied by providing a certificate
of insurance showing evidence of proper general liability insurance. Because of the
inability for some third-party users to obtain general liability insurance on their
own, the college has enrolled in the Tenant User's Liability Insurance Policy (TULIP),
designed for third-party facility users who need to purchase general liability insurance.
TULIP is a web-based, low-cost insurance policy that protects both the facility user and the college. The policy applies to bodily injury or property damage arising out of the use of college premises by external users (third parties with no relation to the college). Premium costs will be paid by the third party. Premium costs are based on the nature of the event, the duration of the event, the number of participants, the level of risk of the event (i.e. higher risk events such as camps, sporting events, rock concerts, to lower risk events such as classroom seminars, job fairs, etc.) and any special requirements such as liquor liability, etc.
- Visit: https://tulip.ajgrms.com.
- Click on “Get A Quote” located on the left side of the screen.
- Select the location of your event by following the prompts:
- Select State – New York
- Select the Location – Skidmore College
- Click “Next”
- Select the Event Dates and Average Daily Attendance for your events using the calendar function.
- Select your Event Type by following the prompts.
- On the “Additional Coverage Options” screen – Select additional coverage as required by your event. (Note: General Liability Coverage Limits are already preloaded).
- Review your Coverage and Premium.
- Input payment information and click “Submit.”
- You will receive an email confirmation after you have been accepted for coverage. Please forward a copy of your evidence of insurance to the College contact you are working with.