Participants on London FYE program are charged the Skidmore comprehensive fee for the semester. This fee is equal to Skidmore's tuition, room at the campus apartment rate, and board. All first-year students, regardless of whether they study in London or in Saratoga Springs, are also charged the mandatory records fee that covers the cost of transcript requests for the life of the student.
The program fee includes:
- Tuition for a full semester of study, including the Scribner Seminar taught by a Skidmore faculty member.
- Shared double room in the Stay Club residence hall with a kitchenette, en-suite bathroom with toilet, sink, and shower, and in-room access to internet service.
- Living stipend of approximately £680 a month to cover most meals, laundry, and a local transportation pass (Students should budget some personal funds to cover eating out, taking taxis, and other incidentals).
- Emergency international health insurance
- Guaranteed credit to the Skidmore degree plan (provided students successfully complete their courses)
- Pre-departure orientation materials and guidance provided by Skidmore's Office of Off-Campus Study & Exchanges.
- Travel (by bus or private car) from the London airport to the student residence hall in central London
- Orientation in London with IES staff and Skidmore Faculty Coordinators
- Superior on-site support, including two Skidmore Faculty Coordinators, Skidmore Program Assistant, and IES student services staff
- Full access to IES facilities including a small library, study space, and wireless internet at the IES Center
- Access to Senate House Library at the University of London
- Cultural and social programming provided by Skidmore College Faculty Coordinators and IES, including weekly informational and social gatherings with faculty directors or program assistant; theater and concert events; visits in and around London to museums, galleries, and historic sites; and day-trips to local sites of historical and cultural interest (subject to UK laws and regulations due to COVID-19)
- Academic advising in London and pre-registration for Skidmore classes for spring semester
The program fee does NOT include:
- Round trip flight
- School supplies and textbooks or any special course fees
- Personal expenses (approximately $2,000 -$3,000 for the semester)
- Additional travel expenses outside London
Note: All students are required to submit a nonrefundable enrollment deposit of $500 upon acceptance to Skidmore. If the student decides not to attend Skidmore, the $500 deposit is forfeited. For students who do attend Skidmore, the funds will remain as a deposit until the student separates from the college, at which point it will be applied to any outstanding charges and any balance will be refunded.
For further information, please contact the London FYE program manager in Off-Campus Study & Exchanges, Kendra Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-580-5355.