Motor Vehicles Policy: Fleet Vehicle Reservations
The College maintains fleet vehicles available for use by departments and students for approved College related business. The use of a fleet vehicle is restricted to a 30 mile destination point (exceptions to this restriction may apply for some fleet vehicles).
Reservations can be made, by the department authorizing the travel, by following these instructions:
- Go the Scheduling website
- Click on the Submit Event Request button on the top right of the page
- Click on Log in (top left of screen)
- Hover over Reservations in the top menu, then select the College-owned Vehicle Request Form
- Fill in Date, Time and Attendance, and then click on Grid for list of vehicles and their availability
- Click the plus sign next to the vehicle you choose
- Complete and submit the details form
If you have any questions with this new procedure, please feel free to call Joanne in Facilities (x5860) or Alyssa in the Schedule Office (x5599.)
Note: should the weather be inclement, or forecasted to be inclement, to the point that travel becomes dangerous, travel shall be suspended for fleet vehicles. Facilities Services will make determination of suspending travel and will notify the reserving party.
Fleet Vehicle Use
In addition to the vehicle uses outlined under Vehicle Usage, the following is expected of the driver when using College owned vehicles:
- At the beginning and end of vehicle use, the driver will be expected to sign-in/out, to include name, date, time, mileage out, and mileage in.
- After fueling vehicle, give fuel receipt to department secretary and include your name, vehicle information, and account number to be charged.
- At the end of vehicle use, vehicle should be cleared of any trash or debris.
- Vehicle warm-up-time is restricted to a maximum of 10 minutes.
- For events of snow or ice, scrappers and snow brooms will be available in the vehicle and are to be used to avoid damage to wiper units/blades.