Candace Carlucci Backus '66 FYE Prize in Honor of Student Academic Achievement in
the First-Year Experience
The First-Year Experience Prize, supported with the generosity of Candace Carlucci Backus ’66, will be awarded annually to up to three projects by first-year students in recognition of exceptional scholarly or artistic achievement in the fall’s Scribner Seminars.
During the spring semester, the First-Year Experience Office will solicit nominations from the previous fall’s Scribner Seminar instructors. Nominations may be either for individual or collaborative projects, and may include any kind of exemplary work – written, visual, or performative.
Congratulations to the Class of 2022 FYE Prize Winners:
- Project title: "Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Modern Angel"
- Seminar: Joseph Cermatori, “Myth and Modernity"
- Project topic: Recreational Reading Habits of Young Children
- Seminar: Rebecca Johnson, “Reading Minds”
- Project title: "Rising Temperatures"
- Seminar: Barbara Black, “Imagined London"