Skip to Main Content
Skidmore College
Off-Campus Study & Exchanges


Summer Study Abroad


Skidmore Summer Programs: Skidmore College offers summer study abroad through a limited number of faculty-led travel seminars. These programs vary from year to year and cover a variety of geographic locations and academic areas. For information about the Skidmore-sponsored summer programs, please inquire at Off-Campus Study & Exchanges (OCSE).  

Non-Skidmore Summer Programs: Students participating on non-Skidmore programs during the summer may request to receive transfer credit for their courses. These students must complete a Transfer Credit Approval Form through the Office of the Registrar. You can find this form on the Registrar's Form page. The course(s) must comply with all of the qualifications and policies listed on the Summer School Approval Form. Additionally, the form must be signed by Off-Campus Study & Exchanges prior to submission to the Office of the Registrar.  


Off-Campus Study & Exchanges (OCSE): The OCSE library contains a small section on summer study. This includes program brochures that are sent to the office along with the guide Short-Term Study Abroad: IIE's Complete Guide to Summer and Short-Term Study. We encourage you to come in and research the many possibilities. OCSE staff are also available to help you narrow your choices.

Web Research: The following online databases will be helpful in researching summer study abroad opportunities:

Faculty Recommendations: Faculty members in specific departments often know about experiences that are particularly interesting within their area of study. Take a moment to ask a few faculty members and check the bulletin boards in your major department.  

Application Procedures

Students should request an application from the program sponsor and follow those procedures. Special attention should be given to deadlines. If applications are accepted on a rolling basis, apply early! Along with the application to the program sponsor, students must complete the Skidmore College Transfer Credit Approval Form if they want credit from the program to apply to their Skidmore degree. Transfer credit cannot be guaranteed without this completed form.

Please contact OCSE with any questions regarding summer off-campus study.