Transfer Student Registration Step by Step
Create Skidmore User Account (Instructions will be mailed to you)
After you have created your Skidmore User Account:
Step 1: Getting Organized
• Review the information included in your registration packet
• If you have not done so already, please set up your Skidmore user account.
Step 2: Eligible for Academic Accommodations
If you believe you are eligible to receive academic accommodations based on a documented disabling condition, complete the Application for Academic Accommodations and return it as soon as possible with appropriate documentation to the Office of Student Academic Services (SAS). Please see the Student Academic Services (SAS) web site for additional information.
Step 3: Transfer Credit Evaluation and Registration Assistance
a) You will receive an email from the Registrar's Office. Your email will include:
• An evaluation of your transfer credit.
• A list of All-College requirements that have/have not been fulfilled.
b) In preparation for registration, please review the following including the information provided under 'Incoming Students' on the Registrar's Office homepage:
- The materials enclosed in the Registration Packet
- New Student Step-By-Step
- Be sure to check pre-requisites & special permissions.
- You can use the Master Schedule to begin preparing a list of courses you may wish to enroll in for the semester.
- Fill out the Schedule Worksheet, including the call number for each section. This will help speed things up for you when you are enrolling. The open/closed status of each section is noted on the Master Schedule.
Prior to registering for classes, the Office of Academic Advising will assign you a summer advisor to help you with academic planning.
Step 4: Registering for Your Classes
Review the Student System Features
• New Student Registration - Step by Step
Login to the Banner Student System
• PC users, use Internet Explorer. Mac users, use Firefox.
• Go to Registrar's Office homepage
• Click on 'Student System Login - Fall 2012'
• Click on 'Enter Secure Area'
• User Login page displays. Enter your user name and password (same as your email password). Click 'Login'.
• Your are now logged in to the Student Self Service.
Always verify your final schedule and make sure the status for each course says 'RW'
NOTE ON ERROR MESSAGES: If there is a problem with any of your selected courses (for instance, time conflicts, missing pre-requisites, closed courses, or special permission required), you will be officially enrolled in your courses until you resolve the problems. This may require deleting courses from your cart or requesting special permission for a course by sending a message to the instructor.
Note : Some sections will inevitably close. If you wish to be on a wait list, you may do so. Also, please note that you may not waitlist in a class if you have a seat in another section of that same class. Being on a waitlist does not constitute enrollment, you are simply waiting for a seat to become available. Do enroll for alternatives - only up to 18 credits, otherwise you will not be automatically enrolled off a waitlist.
If you run into any difficulties, you can call the Registrar's Office at (518) 580-5710 during regular business hours (8:30am-Noon, 1-4pm) Monday through Friday or email email@example.com.