Current Initiatives - Transportation
- Public transportation: The Capital District Transportation Authority has a bus stop right here on campus in front of Case College Center. Anyone with a Skidmore ID can ride the CDTA bus line for free. This includes all routes in Saratoga Springs, Albany, Troy, and Schenectady. Please click the link below for the bus schedule and map.
- Faculty/staff carpooling: Skidmore has set up a carpooling system with nine email lists, each corresponding to a carpool zone. This carpooling system reduces the number of cars on the road and therefore the amount of emissions released each day. Carpooling map and email information here.
- Student ride-share board: Going away for the weekend? Post your travel information here to coordinate with other travelers. There is also a student ride share board in Case College Center.
Electric vehicle charging: Skidmore has two electric vehicle charging stations that anyone with an electric vehicle can use. The charging stations are located in the Palamountain Lot and Case Center Lot.
- Anti-Idling: Skimdore's Motor Vehicle Policy (2017) states "drivers are reminded that the City of Saratoga Springs restricts idling of vehicle engines for more than 5 consecutive minutes, except in certain circumstances – please refer to the City’s code for additional information."
- Skidmore Bikemore: Anyone with a Skidmore ID can check out a bike from Bikemore, the campus bike-share program. Simply go to the Sustainability Office and register for the program and get your bike share PIN. You will be asked to fill out a waiver and go through a quick tutorial, then you're all set to ride! Bikes are locked to Bikemore racks just outside the library. Your rental is good for 8 hours, so feel free to explore! The bikes have been used for everything from just getting around campus to riding downtown to pick up groceries or for a leisurely ride with a friend around Saratoga Springs. Please download Bikemore's Suggested Bike Routes brochure here for ideas of where to explore!
- Bicycle commuter facilities: Anyone choosing to bike to Skidmore may use the showering facilities in Harder Hall and the Williamson Sports Center to freshen up before heading to class or the office. The Sports Center also has lockers that riders may use to store personal items for the day.
- Bike Storage: Wait Hall has a secure bike storage room that may be used by any student living in residence halls. Each of the College’s 22 on-campus apartment buildings has secure bicycle storage racks in the building’s laundry room.