Current Initiatives - Transportation
- Public Transportation: The Capital District Transportation Authority has a bus stop right here on campus in front of the Case College Center. Anyone with a Skidmore ID can ride the CDTA bus line for free. This includes all routes in Saratoga Springs, Albany, Troy, and Schenectady. Please click the link below for the bus schedule and map.
- Faculty/Staff Carpooling: Skidmore has set up a carpooling system with nine e-mail lists, each corresponding
to a carpool zone. This carpooling system reduces the number of cars on the road and
therefore the amount of emissions released each day.
Carpooling map and email information here.
- Student Ride-Share Board: Going away for the weekend? Post your travel information here to coordinate with other travelers. There is also a student ride share board in Case College Center.
Electric Vehicle Charging: Skidmore has two parking spaces reserved for electric vehicles. Located in the Palamountain Lot, anyone with an electric vehicle can now use the Skidmore charging station to recharge before the commute home
- Skidmore Bikemore: Anyone with a Skidmore ID can check out a bike from Bikemore, the campus bike share program. Simply go to the Sustainability Office and register for the program and get your bike share PIN. You will be asked to fill out a waiver and go through a quick tutorial, then your all set to ride! Bikes are locked to Bikemore racks just outside the library. Your rental is good for 5 hours, so feel free to explore! The bikes have been used for everything from just getting around campus to riding downtown to pick up groceries or for a leisurely ride with a friend around Saratoga Springs.
- Bicycle Commuter Facilities: Anyone choosing to bike to Skidmore may use the showering faciltiies in Harder Hall and the Williamson Sports Center to freshen up before heading into class or the office. The Sports Center alos has lockers that riders may use to store personal items for the day.
- Bike Storage: Wait Hall has a secure bike storage room that may be used by any student living in residence halls. Each of the College’s 22 on-campus apartment buildings have secure bicycle storage racks in the building’s laundry room.