Peer Academic Coaching
Peer Academic Coaching provides relaxed open study spaces for students to work individually or in study groups. During these sessions, students have the opportunity to receive content support from Peer Academic Coaches (PACs), attend workshops, learn subject-specific study skills, and participate in exam review sessions. Students will always know when and where they can access peer support.
- Biology (BI 107, 108) Sun-Thurs 7-9PM
- Chemistry (CH 115, 125, 126, 221, 222) Sun-Thurs 7-9PM
- Computer Science (CS 106) Sun, Tues, Wed 7-9PM
- Economics (EC 103, 104, 235, 236, 237) - Sun-Thurs 7-9PM
- Environmental Studies and Sciences (Most ES/ESS classes) - Sun, Mon, Tues 7-9PM
- Geosciences (Most GE classes) Sun, Tues, Wed 7-9PM
- Health and Human Physiological Sciences (HP 111, 126, 127) Sun-Thurs 7-9PM
- Management and Business (MB 107, 214, 224, 234, 235, 338) Sun-Thurs 7-9PM
- Mathematics and Statistics (MA 100, 108, 111, 113, 200, 202, MC 215, MS 104) Sun-Thurs 7-9PM
- Neuroscience (NS 101, 201, 202) Sun-Thurs 7-9PM
- Philosophy (Most Philosophy classes) Mon, Wed 7-9PM
- Physics (PY 207, 208, 210) Sun-Thurs 7-9PM
- Psychology (Most Psychology classes) Sun-Thurs 7-9PM
- Sociology (Most Sociology classes) Sun-Thurs 7-9PM
- World Languages and Literatures (French) (WLF 101, 102, 203) Tues-Thurs 7-9PM
- OPEN PAC (Academic questions, transitions to online learning, study skills, etc) Sun-Thurs 7-9PM
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT?
- Open study! Come and go as you’d like.
- Content support with PACs
- Study groups
- Study skills instruction (e.g. Time management, organization, planning, notetaking, exam preparation, etc.)
- Exam review sessions
- Q/A with Peer Academic Coaches about the content and the major
- A supportive and welcoming learning community among students with similar academic interests
Follow us on INSTAGRAM
Questions about PAC? Email our Peer Academic Support Coordinator, Brenda Pashley-Rabbitt
New for Spring 2023!
Groups meet twice a week for structured study. Peer Academic Coaches are available to help break down larger assignments, create study goals, and offer academic coaching. 90 minute sessions include 5-10 minute check-in/goal setting followed by independent work time.
Email Brenda Pashley-Rabbitt firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.