About Campus Safety - Mission Statement
Campus Safety’s mission is to provide prompt, professional and equitable service to meet the needs of our diverse campus in pursuit of the College’s commitment to creating a safe and supportive environment for all members of our community. In collaboration with all segments of the community we work to solve problems, resolve conflicts, and maintain the safety of students, staff, faculty and visitors. We maintain high levels of emergency preparedness and are available all hours of the day or night. We stay up-to-date on best practices regarding a wide range of campus safety and security concerns, and we make a point to share that knowledge with campus and community partners at every opportunity. We strive to create and maintain a campus environment in which all students, staff, faculty and visitors can safely pursue the personal fulfillment and intellectual growth that are central to the mission of the College as a whole.
NEW SAFETY INFORMATIONCampus Safety - How to use the CIS Fire Doors
Urgent Notification System
The Skidmore Urgent Notification System (SUNS) is a web-based, mass-notification system that enables the Department of Campus Safety to send instant alerts to all students, faculty, and staff cell phones, email accounts, pagers, & web pages automatically all at once from one easy-to-use interface.
- Students are automatically enrolled into the system with the cell phone number
provided to the College.
- Employees must enroll themselves.
If your cell phone number changes, update your account to stay current on all alerts.
Quick Links to Programs, Services and Policies
- Anonymous Crime Reporting
- Bias Response Group
- Campus Safety Alerts
- Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act
- Clery Act
- Driving and Parking Rules for Campus
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fake ID Disposal
- Fire Safety Orientation
- Harassing Telephone Call Policy
- Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA)
- Identity Theft Protection
- Lost and Found
- Making Good Neighbors
- Motor Vehicle Use Policy
- Personal Safety Escorts
- Sexual and Gender-Based Misconduct Information
- Skidmore Urgent Notification Systems (SUNS)
- TIPS Hotline
- Vehicle Registration - Student
- Vehicle Registration - Employee
- Vehicle Waiver & Release Form
- Weather Information
- Winter Parking Policy