Immunization Requirements and Exemption
All students are required to comply with the immunization laws established by New York State and Skidmore College.
For more details on timing and documentation requirements see Incoming Students information.
- MMR - New York State Public Law 2651 requires all students who are enrolled at least half-time (six credits), and who were born on or after January 1, 1957 to provide the College with documentation of vaccination or immunity (titers) to Measles (Rubeola), Mumps, and Rubella (German Measles).
- Meningitis - Skidmore College requires students be vaccinated for Meningitis with a Meningococcal conjugate or MenACWY vaccine.
- Tetanus - Skidmore College requires students provide dates of TD (Tetanus-Diphtheria) or Tdap (Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis) booster within the past 10 years.
- COVID-19 – See here for Skidmore College’s most up to date COVID-19 vaccine requirements
Although not an immunization, tuberculosis testing may also be required based on risk factors
For vaccine availability in your area check vaccinefinder.org.
Students may be considered for exemption from vaccination based on religious beliefs or medical concern.
For details refer to:
Please note, legislation signed in 2019 which removes non-medical exemptions from school vaccination requirements for children does not apply to the college setting. For details and FAQs around this policy please see the New York State Department of Health document here
Documentation should be submitted through the Health Services Portal and will be reviewed by a medical provider. Students will be updated by Health Services as to the approval, denial, or request for more documentation.
Below are recommended vaccinations. These are not required for attendance but may be required in certain work settings on and off campus (ex: laboratories, health care settings) and study abroad programs.
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) - Garasil
- Meningitis B (Bexsero & Trumenba) - this is additional protection after the required MenACWY vaccine
Some immunizations and tuberculosis screening testing are offered through Health Services. See here for additional information.