For rented or college owned vehicles
Before operating any college owned, rented or leased motor vehicle on behalf of a
College club or organization, club members are required to attend Driver Safety Training, and submit appropriate documentation to the Leadership Activities Office at least
ten (10) days prior to the activity. The documentation will then be forwarded to the
Business Services Department, where a 3-year Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) will be requested
from the NYS Department of Motor Vehicles through the College's insurance agent.
Campus Safety will then review the MVR to grant authorization to drive. Authorization
is required annually.
In order to receive authorization to operate a College owned, leased or rented vehicle, students must:
- Complete The Driver Safety Training
- Possess a current valid US driver's license and be at least 18 years of age. Note: if a rental or leased vehicle will be used, compliance with that Agency's age requirement is required.
- Apple for College motor vehicle driving privileges using the "Driver Authorization Application", and be accepted in accordance with the College's MVR Standards.
- Agree to operate said motor vehicles in accordance with applicable local, state and federal laws and College's regulations, at all times. This agreement is found on the bottom portion of the Application for College Driving Privileges, and must be signed by the driver prior to the time eligibility is conferred.
- Seat belts must be used by drivers and passengers, when provided in a motor vehicle.
- The payment of all driver related traffic violations and citations will be the sole responsibility of the driver.
- Report any change in license status (e.g., convictions, if your license has been suspended or revoked) to the Leadership Activities Office immediately.
The College reserves the right to deny or suspend a student's privilege to operate
a College vehicle at any time due to insurability concerns.
Please complete the Driver Authorization Application and return it to the Leadership Activities Office. You will be notified of your driving status via e-mail within five business days. Authorized status is active for current academic year only! Renewal is required each year.
Driving Requirements: Possess a Valid US Drivers License Must be 18 years or older Agree to drive in accordance with all laws (State and Federal) Wear seat belt - ensure others to do the same Understand the payment of all driver related traffic violations and citations will be the sole responsibility of the driver Report any changes in license status (suspended, revoked)